7 Tips for Getting Healthy in 2010
After many years of research into exercise, nutrition and supplementation I have decided to compile a list of things that will get you feeling fitter, better looking, healthier and sexier than you have ever been before.
If you can follow everything I have listed here you are a superstar. People will naturally gravitate towards you because you are radiant, healthy and your mind and body will be performing at their optimum levels.
If you can even only manage a couple from the list that you didn't do last year, that is great! You are already on the path to a healthier 2010!
1. Exercise every day. Exercising every day is a simple routine to get in to, and one that will provide you with so many benefits.
Exercising doesn't have to be a chore and things like simply going for a walk for 30 minutes on days all contribute. Exercising is vital for cardiovascular health as well as improving breathing and bloodflow to the brain.
2. Eat plenty of green vegetables. Green vegetables have more antioxidants then other vegetables which help to remove toxins from alcohol and cigarettes from the body. In fact, by eating more fresh foods you are helping to reduce ageing, less likely to develop cancer and will be able to recover from illness much quicker than those without a balanced diet.
3. Drink a glass of warm water with a squeeze of lemon or lime in it when you wake up to get your metabolism going and provide a fresh source of vitamin c to the body. Use this to start your daily hydration schedule and simply try and drink a glass of water every hour.
4. Get plenty of sleep. Every body needs different amounts of sleep but you should be getting at least 6-8 hours every night. Not only will this make you look and feel less tired, but it will help you relax and slow down ageing. If you have difficulty sleeping it could be a result of not getting enough exercise. Your body accumulates energy from the foods we eat during the day, if you don't expend it, it is stored as fats in the body and the excess energy will effect your sleeping patterns and prevent you getting to sleep.
5. Try Yoga, Stretching or Deep Breathing/Meditation exercises as often as you can. These will help to stretch and strengthen your body as well as provide tone, balance and help to rejuvenate your mind.
6. Do some strengthening exercises that focus on your major muscle groups. Push ups, sit ups, squats, lunges all focus on large muscle groups that are key to providing core strength and promoting muscle growth. A lot of these can also be done at home and are a great way to keep your bones and muscles strong.
7. Get plenty of Omega 3 oils. Fish oils have proven benefits for your brain, hair and nails as well as improving circulation. There is also studies showing how it can also act as a natural mood enhancer.
Good luck with all of your fitness and health goals for 2010 and remember that only you yourself has the power to make change.